The Nano Plan
Did you know that 75% of Americans have heard little to nothing about nanotechnology? To read more about public awareness, click here.
The Nano Plan is to be a national campaign to advance nanotechnology awareness, education, recognition, funding, research and innovation with a primary goal to keep America as the leader in advanced technologies.
"The Nano Plan" will focus on:
- Nanotechnology Awareness Programs: Nanotechnology Basics
- Stimulate Advanced Education in America
- Nanotechnology Education Tour/Programs
- Providing Scholarships for Advanced Degrees in Nanotechnology
- Funding Nanotechnology Research in America
- Nanotechnology Recognition Awards
- An emphasis of preserving American leadership in innovation
- Providing funding to help current nanotechnology researchers expand their fields of investigation;
- Sponsoring annual Nano Conferences to encourage collaboration with nanotechnology researchers and to educate the public about the research being done locally/nationally in order to develop broader funding sources for local research, and
- Recruiting the most qualified graduate students and post doctoral researchers into the field of nanotechnology.
COMING SOON: The NRF Scholarship Challenge 2009